Party, with a Side of a Cause! #PartyLikeAGoodSport #adSPONSORED | Nirasha Jaganath | March 16, 2015 at 6:59 am
In a world of “gimmees” setting a tone of gratitude at birthdays seem most apt. Last year we asked guests to bring in canned food for the joint birthday for my daughters and it was giving a present to the guests to as I heard them express gratitude of doing something charitable.
I love that at Good Sports they have created a whole system to ease giving back in a creative and fun way. They have, to date. provided equipment to over 1 million kids in need.
I can’t stress how important it is to get exercise and yet kids are getting fewer and fewer opportunities to do so. Adding insult to injury is the cost involved to be in sports. Good Sports realizes that ALL kids need to have a fair chance at being in sports and want to make that a reality. By providing athletic equipment, footwear and apparel to disadvantaged kids around the country, Good Sports is trying to bridge the gap.
Often we all like to do good but the road to it is paved with chaos, uncertainty and lack of time. Good Sports KNOWS this and are focused on making this easier for your next party.
Here’s how you can #PartyLikeAGoodSport in 5 Simple Steps!
- Go to www.goodsports.org and check out the “Get Involved” section and select the #PartyLikeAGoodSport link that appears in the dropdown menu. Get familiar with the program.
- By clicking the “Get Started” button and registering you can then click fundraise.com and create a login.
- Who doesn’t like it when we can take the effort out of creating invitations? Invitations designed for Good Sports by Punchbowl are fresh and fabulous and another thing off your checklist. Download the Good Sports logo too, to use on any of your own materials. Choose your favorite color and sport and design. Create your personal fundraising page on fundraise.com with pictures, a goal and timeline
- Now an invitation is not much unless you don’t share it but be ready for questions about Good Sports so arm yourself with great information about Good Sports from the fact sheet!
- Have donations come in on your personalized fundraise.com party page. You and/or your guests can also send checks directly to Good Sports. See site for more details.
For just 20 dollars you get for the cause, some kid out there gets prepped to play! Now all you have to worry about is the cake!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post!