Pottery Barn Kids partners with PBS Kids for Summer Reading Challenge (Win PBK gift card)CONTESTS, Niri Camp, REVIEWS & CONTESTS | Nirasha Jaganath | June 4, 2014 at 8:19 am
Reading is a huge part of our summer. While many consider it a chore, we use it as a relaxation because I empty the schedules during summer. Except for a few peppered events I want kids to smell the un-rushed air and to read with abandon. Best part is I read more in summer with them. This is exactly why we sign up for all reading challenges and I wanted to share one with you today.
Pottery Barn Kids announced the launch of its Summer Reading Challenge in partnership with PBS KIDS, in fact I was at PBS Kids for their annual meeting when I learned of this amazing partnership.
Details of the program:
Pottery Barn Kids is inviting children to ‘take the challenge’ by reading 8 books from a specially selected list of 20 children’s books. Each book was chosen based on favorites identified by Pottery Barn Kids customers, and features characters that excite the imagination in kids of all ages. The book list is available at Pottery Barn Kids stores in the US and Canada (excluding Quebec). Children that complete the book list and bring it to a Pottery Barn Kids location by July 31 will receive a free book and certificate of completion.
Families can get involved in the Pottery Barn Kids Summer Reading Challenge and get more information about in-store events by visiting Pottery Barn Kids locations or the Store Events page on www.potterybarnkids.com.
This year’s book list includes titles that will inspire and delight children of all ages, including:
- Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman
- Big Brothers Don’t Take Naps by Louise Borden
- Corduroy by Don Freeman
- Curious Baby Counting by H.A. Rey
- Good Night, Good Night Construction Site by Sherri Duskey Rinker and Tom Lichtenheld
- Grammy Lamby and the Secret Handshake by Kate Klise and M. Sarah Klise
- Heads by Matthew Van Fleet
- How Do Dinosaurs Count to Ten? By Mark Teague
- How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague
- Ladybug Girl by David Samon and Jacky Davis
- Llama Llama and the Bully Goat by Anna Dewdney
- Madeline and the Old House in Paris by John Bemelmans Marciano
- Nelly Gnu and Daddy Too by Anna Dewdney
- Olivia by Ian Falconer
- Paddington Bear by Michael Bond and R.W. Alley
- Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes by James Dean and Eric Litwin
- Sniff by Matthew Van Fleet
- Tallulah’s Toe Shoes by Marilyn Singer and Alexandra Boiger
- The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt and Oliver Jeffers
- What Sisters Do Best/What Brothers Do Best by Laura Numeroff and Lynn Munsinger
Want to win a set of a $25 Pottery Barn Kids gift card?
Enter in the Rafflecopter widget below!
Winner chosen by random.org. Giveaways open to US residents only 21+ only. Winner must reply within 24 hours or new winner will be drawn.
Please note the Rules and Regulations of contests at MommyNiri.com. Entering this contest means you have read and wish to comply with those rules.
Please DO NOT leave your email address within the comment!!!
Don’t forget to visit out other fabulous giveaways on MommyNiri.com
Disclosure: I received a card for review and giveaway as part of me being a PBS Kids ambassador.