5 Weird Things about me for #weirdwednesdayNEWS | Nirasha Jaganath | December 4, 2013 at 5:20 pm
It is Wednesday and while weird things happen everyday, this Wednesday I am taking the day to focus on the weirdness. Actually you know who is good at weirdness? National Geographic Kids. In fact they have drawn quite a following with their weird but true books and columns. My kids devour those facts and they make perfect backseat conversations in the car (it even squashes the the bickering, a miracle in itself). So while we will pay careful attention to all weirdness especially in December, this Wednesday is extra special weird!
National Geographic Kids is crowning Austin our Weird But True Town of the Year and launching nominations for next year’s weirdest town at: weirdbuttruetown.com. Throughout the day there will be hashtags of #WeirdWednesday.
So here are a few ways you can get Weird But True:
- Download the WBT app
- Check out the WBT section in the National Geographic Kids magazine
- Ye Olde Weird But True book
- Ultimate Weird but True 2 book
- I stood for 6 hours, from 4am in the morning, to vote in the 1st free and fair elections in South Africa.
- I hate tomatoes but will eat them in a meal if I can’t see the chunks or slices.
- I have never had a zit. Ever! (it is ok to hate me).
- In 1999 when the world was crazy worried about the Y2K problem and us engineers were offered jobs from several countries. I chose to come to the USA because I did not know anyone here and thought it would be exciting to wakeup in a new country.
- Hubby and I were Yahoo chat buddies and after dating for 3 years. finally married.