Hurricane (Sandy) Safety Rules From My 7 Year Old Girl!Jia's Jabber, Kids Speak, MY VIEWS | Nirasha Jaganath | October 29, 2012 at 12:30 pm
I just got back from a cruise last night, which had to skip Jamaica thanks to Hurricane Sandy, and we just lost power a few hours ago. I found a Starbucks a few miles away that had power and wifi (and chai) SCORE! Hubby asked the girls to write advice about hurricanes (more to keep them out of our way) but I was so impressed I decided to post her advice.
This below is all her, purely unedited!
- DO NOT leave the house.
- Have some candles,matches and a candle lighter.
- Don’t carry your favorite things when you are trying to escape,it will slow you down.
- Make sure you have food, just incase you are trapped in your house.
- Make sure you have enough batteries in the house, for flashlights, not toys.
- Have life vests in the house for each member of your family, except your pets.
- Work as a team, don’t fight.
- Eat whatever food that is in the house, even if you don’t like that food.
- Keep your eyes open to see where the hurricane is.
- Zip your lips at most times, and unzip your lips for “emergencies only.”
And the most important thing is…
If you disobey you won’t stay safe, like”I mean it.”
I love it so much I may have her as a regular contributor. What do you think?