The How To Train Your Dragon Live Show hits Boston! (Discount code)REVIEWS & CONTESTS | Nirasha Jaganath | July 2, 2012 at 8:38 am
I still remember the 1st time watching How to Train Your Dragon: it was ridiculously late yet I took the kids, because I was dying to watch it. I love watching movies with my kids but I also love movies to appeal to the adventure side in me. I mean with names like “Hiccup” and “Toothless” you know there is so to be good entertainment. On a side note we affectionately call my daughter “Toothless” each time her tooth fall, and she seems to love the nickname but that may be because she loves the visit from the Tooth Fairy.
Well you may be thinking that hey the movie is over, right? I know, I know, I actually purchased the DVD for it too, that is exactly how much I am a huge fan of the show. Then I hear of something that is way more exciting: a live show! I consider live shows a real treat because there are no “cuts” and “edits” etc. This just smacks of perfect summer vacation material. I am super duper excited to take the girls to the show when it hits Boston, well Worcester to be exact. If you live in another area, I would definitely check here to see if it is playing there. You do not want to miss this, coz yeah there is no DVD version.
So I plan on seeing it on opening night and I will have oodles to share with you because, get this, I will also be experiencing the “Hero Welcome”. What is that you say? What is the Hero Welcome? Well, my dear readers, there is so much of information to share on this show, but you can find most of it below or in the links I have pasted, including details to how you can snags tickets at a discount using the code mentioned below. All details below provided to me!
The How To Train Your Dragon Live Show
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON LIVE SPECTACULAR breaks every rule of theatrical entertainment to fully immerse audiences into the show in ways that have not been attempted before. Barely contained within the arena, HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON LIVE SPECTACULAR utilizes the full venue, maximizing every dimension of the performance space to transport audiences into a mythical world of fire-breathing dragons who soar overhead at great speeds. The state-of-the-art animatronic technology and large-scale cinematic projections interact seamlessly with the live actors, who bring DreamWorks Animation’s heart-warming story to life through theatrical storytelling, martial arts and acrobatics.
The discount code
SPECIAL OFFER….SAVE 25% on weekday performances (including Friday nights) by entering the code MOM in the promo box which says “MOM Bloggers Discount Offer”. Get great seats for a big discount! (This code is valid nationwide as tickets go on sale!).
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON LIVE SPECTACULAR will play at DCU Center in Worcester, MA from Wed. July 11th through Sun. July 15th. Regular Ticket prices range from a low of $29.50 to a high of $69.50 (excluding fees). CLICK HERE to purchase tickets, for showtimes and much more including the NATIONAL TOUR DATES.
The VIP packages:
Normally a LIVE show is enough and though I am sure it will be here too, I was impressed with the VIP packages that are available for this show. There are three amazing VIP packages as well. CLICK HERE for details on how to meet the dragons as well as other VIP opportunities! There are 3 VIP packages: Meet The Dragon, A Hero’s Welcome, and Dragon Trainer You have the choice to purchase one of these packages or upgrade your existing ticket (the upgrade does not come with a ticket as it expects you already have tickets to the show). To give you a sampling of what a VIP package looks like, this is the Hero’s Welcome (which I will be getting).
- A post-show “tech-talk” with our family-friendly Dragon expert who will explain the technical magic that brings these amazing creatures to life!
- Incredible Reserved Seat with an amazing view of the action
- Professional photo, in a costume of your choice, with your family in front of an amazing How to Train Your Dragon backdrop
- Exclusive How to Train Your Dragon 3D Poster
- VIP Gift Bag featuring official How to Train Your Dragon merchandise
- How to Train Your Dragon VIP Laminate: Your passport to the Isle of Berk
- VIP Parking Pass (1 per order)
- VIP Entrance into the venue and the Isle of Berk (The only quicker way in would be on Toothless’ back!)
More facts about the show:
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON LIVE SPECTACULAR IS THE LARGEST FAMILY TOUR EVER PRODUCED!
• Travels in over 30 18-Wheeler Trucks (52’ each) with a touring cast & crew of 85.
• Together the show weighs over 200,000 pounds.
• It would take one person over a year to load in the production.
• Takes over 160 people to set up the production in each city (the equivalent of one person working 24 hours over 70 days).
• If all the cables in the production were laid out end to end, they would stretch from Los Angeles to New York City.
DRAGONS TAKE TO THE SKY WITH GROUND-BREAKING TECHNOLOGY!
• The production created the first-ever touring flight track system that weighs over 28 tons.
• The flight track uses a proprietary barcode system. The creatures scan a barcode strip as they fly around the track which tells them (and us) where they are at all times.
• Toothless weighs over 7,500 pounds and flies over 1.2 miles throughout the performance which is equivalent to a Range Rover soaring through the arena.
• There are more automation cues in the opening sequence alone than a Broadway musical has in a night.
• The first-ever fully immersive live experience with projection spanning more than 20,000 square feet throughout the entire arena. The back projection wall is equivalent to 9 movie screens combined.
THE DRAGON FACTS & FIGURES.
• Produced over a two-year period in Melbourne, Australia
• 23 Dragons
• 12 Different Dragon Species Represented
• Dragon wings span up to 46ft
• Each large dragon weighs over 2.6 tons (the size of a family car)
• Over 2 miles of “Dragon Skin” was created
and maybe a video teaser too…
Disclosure: I have been provided with the VIP package to review the show. Watch out for the report back after!