The Fresh Diet Review: A Week Later!REVIEWS, REVIEWS & CONTESTS | Nirasha Jaganath | March 23, 2012 at 11:49 am
Hands down, this was one of the best things I have reviewed, well except for Atlantis Resort, or my Carnival Cruise, but you get what I mean. A week later I am even more impressed that I was when I started. If you read my post earlier on The Fresh Diet you would have known that for one week I was reviewing The Fresh Diet and here is what I found.
What I loved:
- The portions were perfect. They looked small but really were not so.
- The freshness oozed out, I could seriously tell the ingredients for most and to me being able to recognize that was important
- No weird colorings. It felt natural to see things not crazy colored (seriously some of the food in supermarkets want to make me to gag).
- The seafood rocks. It has happened on more than one occasion that my husband has eyed my fish. I have had Cod, Swordfish, Mahi Mahi, Crab, scallops and more – and people we are not talking itty-bitty pieces but big enough to fill this mama.
- Presentation for the most part was appealing.
- The re-heatable containers save me time.
- The meals are flavorful.
- The no-guessing sized portions make it easy for me.
- The selection of the meals is pretty amazing
- Ordering is easy peasy
- It has changed how I eat. I ate a regular portion of my food today and I really felt bloated and that it was too much. It has made me view my portions differently.
- The desserts and appetizers were out of this world.
What I loved not so much:
- I now have a huge stack of those containers and though I plan to reuse them, I would rather not have to deal with so many.
- There was only one meal that was less than appetizing to look at (I did not eat it because I could not bring myself to) and that was the oatmeal with bananas. It is never a good idea to have bananas precut in your meal, clue: they turn a yucky color.
- I feel guilty if I eat out. I guess I can’t blame the system for this but it does not tend to support any meals eaten out (whether at a restaurant or friend’s place).
- I miss cooking. While on the diet makes it easier for me, and I normally cook for the rest of the family, I will admit to missing cooking.
- I miss my spice. Meals are flavorful but I periodically need a does of spice, I can’t help it – it is who I am.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by The Fresh Diet. I also received a week’s supply of The Fresh Diet food to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own