Keeping The Balance In Your Mouth!REVIEWS | Nirasha Jaganath | July 11, 2011 at 10:20 pm
There is so much that starts in the mouth. When I was pregnant I remember the gynecologist speak to me about keeping my gums healthy. At the time I wondered if she was worrying about the wrong body part. Then I learned that gum disease can lead to early delivery. Though I found it hard to believe that what was in your mouth could have such profound impact on the rest of your body, I also understood that doctors would have said that with enough research backing it up.
While I may not splurge on clothing or makeup, basic health and skin care is one thing I never compromise on. So when I decided to purchase an electronic toothbrush and even one of those special flossers using water. I would never have considered that more was needed but the kind folks at SunStar GUM sent me diagnostic PH test strips. I found out by testing my saliva that it was on the acidic side and after 3 weeks of using PerioBalance I could see it finally move to the optimal side.
Testing aside the changes though subtle were there. I actually yearn for the minty taste from the lozenge to kick off my day. Not only that I have noticed that it does take longer to get that furry feeling on my teeth. You know the one I mean: feels like you have a blanket on your teeth. Can you imagine what we are swallowing each time we eat food with that coating our teeth?
The folks over at GUM also had some good tips to share that I thought you would like:
- Brush twice a day for at least two full minutes. Hold the toothbrush at a 45 degree angle against your teeth. Brush your teeth, gum tissues, cheeks and tongue.
- It’s recommended that you replace your toothbrush every three months.
- Floss daily before brushing – brushing alone reaches only 3 out of 5 tooth surfaces! Flossing reaches between your teeth where periodontal disease can start.
- If you’re often on the go or have trouble flossing, try using GUM® Soft-Picks® to conveniently and discreetly remove food and plaque and massage gums throughout the day.
- If you have bridges, crowns, braces or implants, use GUM® Go-Betweens® Cleaners to remove plaque from those hard to reach places between teeth.
- Eat nutritious, balanced meals and limit snacking on sugary sweets.
Disclosure: Sunstar GUM and PerioBalance have provided me product and compensation for the month long trial.