Tacky Tuesday: Spitting In Public!

MY VIEWS | | March 15, 2011 at 5:58 am

You know I announced the series Tacky Tuesday earlier today so here is one of my pet peeves.  Spitting in public.  I don’t care if you spit out the car window or while walking or whenever – it is gross and it makes me want to throw up seeing it. I don’t care if you think it is butch and you just “have to do it” it is a filthy habit. Get a tissue, or excuse yourself to the bathroom. There is NO good reason to do it!

As much as you may not believe it, I really don’t want to step on, over, or near your spit-up. In fact the only ones I excuse with spit-up are those in diapers. If you are doing this, please stop. I don’t care if you want to stop cold turkey or do a 10-step program – QUIT IT!

Tags:

Erin L. says:

I totally agree! I hate public spitters; it’s SO disgusting.

Yes that grosses me out too!

carol y says:

I REALLY hate this, too! Even out exercising I see this on the road all the time. Gag!

rachel burke says:

how about people who have conversations on speaker phone in public how rude, i spent 30 minutes listening to a women talk to her daughter at goodys clothing store last week

Katherine B. says:

My next door neighbors son comes out front of his house about every 20 min. or so to smoke. He sounds as if he has a horrible case of consumption and in between puffs he makes the most disturbing noises and then actually bends at the waste and dispels what he just brought up all over the ground. It’s disgusting and I dread opening my windows.Unfortunately, these are not the kind of people you could reason with. God only knows what disease he may be spreading. Their house should have yellow caution tape around it. Hate living next to total slobs!

Liza says:

I am LOVING this series! Agreed, totally disgusting spitting HOW GROSS. Why would anyone want to see any fluid coming out of your body and laying in the street? Might as well urinate on the sidewalk while getting the mail or out your car window on the highway. disgusting!! lol

-Also agree: Loud talking on cells in public places. One of my major ones!
    -More pet peeves:
    People eating on the phone when they talk to you (I don’t want to hear you chew!)
    People reading emails on the phone (aloud!) when they talk to you Endless Chain FWDs from friends (quit threatening my life or very bad luck if I don’t send this to 9 people!)
    Neighbors who pop by every time there is a new/foreign car in the driveway just to see “where the party is!!”
    People who ask to cut in line because they have somewhere to be…and what, we don’t?!

MamaGee says:

Just came across your post. Me thinks I have seen one worse than spitting….A guy blowing the contents of his NOSE out onto the pavement…. No tissue or handkerchief…..no joke! WTH?!?!

MamaGee says:

forgot to add – it makes you wonder who is rasing this type of person!

Yes this is so gross. Wwhen I was living in NYC, I swear I would see people do this every single day. Why!!!!