Drinking Your Nutella?

REVIEWS | | March 28, 2011 at 8:22 pm

I was one of those late bloomers. I only tried Nutella a year ago, which would be a cardinal sin considering I am somewhat of a chocolate snob and a nut-oholic so Nutella should have been an obvious choice. Of course that totally meant I would miss it – which is exactly why I am the last to know about anything. My favorite nut is by far the hazelnut which sadly is not as common in the USA. In South Africa if you bought a chocolate bar (we don’t call chocolate candy as we consider candy separate) which had nuts it would be hazelnuts. Needless to say the peanut is no substitute for the hazelnut.

Recently I got to host a Nutella party and it got me thinking to try something different. I love Nutella on toast and seriously on crepes it takes the cake. Then I decided to try make a drink with it. I decided a hot flavored “chocolate” drink!

Yummy, right? Well this was super easy and super tasty. Here is how I made it.

Of course the key ingredient is Nutella. We start with taking a cup of milk and heating it in the microwave. Then you add some Nutella, I used a tablespoon. No additional sugar is necessary.

After mixing in the Nutella in the warmed milk and I used a hand whisk to whip up some bubbles in the beverage. Then I pour into glass of choice. I add some whipped cream and topped with some chocolate shavings. Drink up!

Disclosure: I was provided goodie bags that also contained samples for my guests.

Of course this drew my attention b/c I’m Nutella obsessed… looks delish! (And not so hard to make – my kind of recipe!)

Shana D says:

Oh my that looks divine. I sit on the same bench as you. The one and only time I have tried nutella was at costco about a year ago when they handed out a sample. I was instantly in love. But my problem is my husband and daughter are severely allergic to nuts so I have never brought it.

Amanda Starr says:

I just tried it this year myself, love it! Haven’t tried it hot but have had a scoop in smoothies.

I too discovered Nutella last year..and yes, I don’t know why it took me so long. But this stuff is addicting. I love it with wheat bread in the morning, but this stuff looks so yummy! Heading over to the microwave to heat me a cup! Thanks so much for sharing:)

Katie says:

I tried Nutella for the first time last week! ZOMG I can’t believe I was missing out on that! I literally have it every morning for breakfast, and my daughter just eats it off a spoon. We LOVE it! Thanks for this great recipe. I can’t wait to try it!

Rob says:

I can say that I have NEVER tried Nutella. Maybe I need to pick some up and see what I think.

Jessie says:

I admit that I have never had Nutella but after looking at this delightful drink I will be giving it a try. Thanks for the recipe!

Aleksandra says:

Fun way to use Nutella! I’ve tried it but I have NO sweet tooth in my mouth so it’s definitely not for me ;) I could go the rest of my life without a bite of chocolate, too.

I wanted to stop by to tell you that the Flip Camera I won on your blog arrived this week. So fun! And easy to use. Thank you again for hosting the giveaway.