2010 – What A Year!NEWS | Nirasha Jaganath | December 31, 2010 at 12:01 am
It is almost 2011! I meant to write something meaningful about what this year meant to me but I cannot catch my breath. So I am just going to list some of my highlights. You will have to click on all the links to read the details of each further. I just needed to say goodbye to 2010 in a proper way before greeting 2011 properly.
- After 9 months of being in the queue for testing my baby girl of 5 was diagnosed with Autism. My world changed upside down and inside out. A year later she has amazed me beyond belief.
- I went to The Martha Stewart Show.
- The Papa Post got to meet Seth Godin
- We went to Atlantis courtesy of Leg, JetBlue and Atlantis.
- Got a spanking new dishwasher from Frigidaire!
- Attended Disney On Ice as media!
- Attended a behind The scenes tour for Hasbro which was before The Toy Fair
- Celebrated my blog anniversary!
- Met Molly Ringwald and Marcela Valladolid at a Ragu event!
- Joined the End Child Hunger Campaign!
- Went to LA with the Kaboom an Kool Aid team to build a playground.
- Went to LA as part of the End Child Hunger Campaign where I packed backpacks at a Food Bank and also went to Wisteria Lane (sets of Desperate Housewives).
- Hosted Mom’s Nite Out with the Burlington Mall.
- Explored The White Elephant – a luxury resort in Nantucket.
- Watched Storytime Live
- We launched The Papa Post
- I was a keynote speaker at The Evo Conference – Women In Social Media (video here)
- I went on a zipline in Utah (at 50 mph)
- I attended a Kleenex event in Kentucky with my daughter (aka my first time in a limo).
- I joined the Better For BlogHer campaign with Healthy Choice.
- I took part in the American Eagle 777 Doing Good campaign!
- Yo Gabba Gabba in Boston
- Met Nate Berkus at the launch party for his new show.
- The Today Show!
- Attended BlogHer conference in New York!
- Hosted a Johnson’s party for Autism Awareness.
- My baby girl started Kindergarten and other little one started preschool. Both a week late because of the next bullet point.
- We went on an 8 day cruise to the Bahamas as a Carnival Cruise Lines Ambassador – no really!
- Went to the Variety Magazine Red Carpet – Power Of Women event
- The team from The Talk show answers Mommy Niri’s question.
- Created Mommy Niri Cares 2010 – A Holiday Charityeffort driven by social media
- Became a Heart Of Haiti Ambassador!
- Became an Activator on the “Well, Then” – Harvard Pilgrim’s Community site!
- My 3 year old started ballet and my 5 year old started ballet and tap dance.
- Dropped off 104 Zhu Zhu Pets at the Dana Farber pediatric Cancer hospital
- My daughter was in a photo-shoot for a food magazine.
What a year! I am hoping you join me on more adventures in 2011!