Win A Not So Scary Halloween Kit From Joy Berry!CONTESTS, REVIEWS, REVIEWS & CONTESTS | Nirasha Jaganath | October 16, 2010 at 7:36 am
I was trying to get some decorations for Halloween with my 3 year old and I was about to take one of a witch and she begged me not to take it. I always considered myself in tune with my girls so was surprised that she found it scary, as she had let me know. It guess no matter how much we think we understand kids it is really difficult to put yourself in a child’s shoes to see the world in a very different way. Everyday innocent seeming objects inherit a different feeling and sometimes that means being scared. Halloween which is normally chalked down as a kid’s festival is actually the worst of them.
As much images of sweet pumpkins going trick or treating may enter your mind, the fun of the spookiness is not so fun for a preschooler. Ever walk into a Halloween store? I may be a wimp but it freaks me out to see those gory costumes too. Joy Berry, whose books are a big love in my home, create a Taking The Scary Out Of Halloween Kit. She has been renown for her books (which normally come with a CD) which deals with issues like sharing, patience and all those little titbits that make a mama’s hair grey. Well in this kit she also includes a book on Halloween. Here is focuses on the positive aspects of Halloween and the fun bits too, a book you can read with your littlest one with no fear of scaring her at all.
Joy Berry’s Taking the Scary Out of Halloween Kit Includes:
• The Taking the Scary Out of Halloween Book
• 10 Safety Guidelines for Halloween
• “Make and do” activities for costumes and makeup
• Simple Halloween night recipes
• Glow-in-the-dark stickers
• Glow whistle
• Glow necklace and bracelet
• Flashlight with interchangeable Halloween-themed lenses
This kit is being sold exclusively at Barnes and Noble but you can win one here too. We have played a bit with the torch which has been a super bedtime ritual. A few years ago I got a similar torch for Halloween but must admit am glad to see them remove the skull torch lens. We have kept the glow stuff for the exciting night in question.
Want to win Taking the Scary Out of Halloween Kit?
To win tell me what is your kid dressing up at Halloween (or you)?
Contest closes 20th October 2010 . To earn extra entries, after you have left a comment, do one of the following, but make sure you leave a separate comment entry for each extra thing you do (please don’t leave your email address in the comment). This gives you additional ways to win the contest.
- Subscribe to Mommy Niri (and verify the subscription to be valid) and leave a separate comment that you did. Already a subscriber (thank you) then leave a comment stating you are
- Retweet (use the green retweet button, on top of the post, for easy access)
- Fans of the Mommy Niri Facebook Page get an additional entry. If you are already a part of it leave a comment below.
Don’t forget to visit out other fabulous giveaways on MommyNiri.com