Friday 5: 5 Reactions To Clearing Out My Closet!FRIDAY 5, REVIEWS | Nirasha Jaganath | October 7, 2010 at 11:21 pm
The one thing my sweetheart never moans about is me shopping for me but what he does have a (huge) issue with is me never purging anything out of my closet. When I started the Healthy Choice – Better for Blogher program I had little expectations that there would be change. So when the changes were slight but noticeable I felt inspired to take a next step. So as part of my Friday 5 series I wanted to share the results of me getting my act together with Healthy Choice Better For BlogHer campaign.
So the great thing with this program was that I could do it easily, conveniently and slowly and still rake in some results. So while I am sure that I could have done this with diet and exercise, I do attribute the Healthy Choice way for giving me the kickstart I sorely needed. So although I have a long journey ahead it is less daunting to take it at my own pace. At least it has given some gawdy clothing the boot.
- “What was I thinking” there are some items that never should be in fashion and worse never in my closet. Many of those garments were never really in fashion the first time around. Who knows what drove me to buy some of those items but I do know sensibility will drive them out.
- It is time to move on – I get sentimental about stuff, including clothing. Either s pleasant memory or someone special gave it to me, and I hate tossing it out. Well all those items have been collecting dust and serving no one.
- That is never gonna fit – ok, so I have not yet given up hope that I will get off a lot of those pounds I picked up during both my pregnancies, but realistically getting to my pre pregnancy shape is a tough proposition – weight may be possible but somehow the body shape is a little more difficult to return to what it was before. And even if I did get there (or close enough) me thinks that is celebration enough to
- One bag too many. If I was a bag lady or a fashionable then it would be fine, but honestly I have no idea where the plethora of bags came from. It started from one practical work bag, then something to hold my laptop, then trinket types from travel, progressing to the diaper bags, totes, hold-too-much, hold-too-little, or and then the blogging handbags I received at parties. Somewhere along the line they fought for real estate with my closet and the closet doors budged and became unhinged – seriously!
- That has been one too many conference I have attended. You know how some people collect stuff at yard sales? Well I collected bags, and totes and little knick knack accessories from conferences. They don’t match. Anything! But since I hate throwing things out, I stacked them. Yes, including those oversized t-shirts with company logos.
Disclosure: Healthy Choice is providing me coupons for meal and a stipend to log my journey.