So They Let Me Speak At Evo!

NEWS | | July 9, 2010 at 8:56 pm

You know how people always say that there is a good thing to everything than happens (or is that just me)? Well when I was asked to be a keynote speaker at Evo Conference – The evolution of women in social media, I was amazed. I know heavy, right? The team Rachael and Jyl had heard my soppy stories of South Africa and thought they were inspiring. I just thought heck yeah. See even if crap happens to you in life, one day you get to be a keynote speaker to talk about it. Sweet!

photo by shelle blok

I was to be in a group of amazing women who have profoundly shook the world with their passion and stories.  I was asked to go up first and was as nervous as hell. I had a friend (thanks Rachel) video it so hopefully you can catch a bit of it.

I am so grateful to the Evo Conference team for actually giving me this opportunity to share my story .

photo by shelle blok

The lovely Danielle actually made a presentation that was shown after our speeches which made me feel honored to be part of the inspiration.

Helen Jane says:

I’m better off from having met you. What a wonderful mix of ladies – beautifully executed. You are amazing!

Wonderful job Niri! You’re inspiring and so humble and helpful. Bravo and many many many more of great opportunities to you.

I’m so proud to know you. Your always doing such amazing and inspiring things. Keep it up!

You are one of my favorite people that I have met through blogging and I so happy that I did. I have heard bits of your story through others, blog events are usually a little to social-social to get people’s “real”background but love this video and so happy that you were able to get your story out to others.

Look forward to seeing you soon.

After seeing your comments about the event, you give me hope that I need to reevaluate going to blog events.

I would love for you to come to a conference, that way I don’t have to keep coming to NYC and seeing you for such a short time.

Kamesh says:

YOU MAKE ME SO PROUD!!!
    As a woman, mother, wife, friend,and South African. You are awesome. You Go Girl. I look forward to seeing you at Blogher

Jerelyn says:

Wonderful. Well done. You should be very proud of this video!

BenSpark says:

I enjoyed your keynote. So impressed by your poise and courage, very inspiring. Knowing pretty much nothing about everyone on the panel I was blown away and driven to tears through the whole thing. Such a powerful way to start an amazing weekend.

Thanks Ben. I managed to continue that crying tradition throughout the event. Was so good to meet you and glad to know you are local.

Los Angeles Social Media Marketing says:

I’ve visited many websites and I can definitely say that your site is my absolute top pick. Favorited, I added this on Digg, and I added the feed. Thanks!

Carissa says:

I’m late to see this evo talk follow up post!!! Sheesh I stayed in Utah for nearly 3 weeks! My big fat mormon family reunion ya know.. :)

I was amazed to hear your stories, your world. Glad I got to meet and ‘hang’ with you. I am better for it!

Kamani says:

We are glad to have you and your family a part of our lives. We are so proud of all that you have accomplished in your life. This is just a start of what is more to come your way.

Meghan says:

You are always so brave and humble. I’m always left in jaw-dropping awe when you share any piece of your past. Your Mama would be/is very proud of you, MommyNiri. You’ve done incredible things with your life already….all that you have overcome and become. It’s inspiring.

Thank you for being a friend to so many of us.

Here’s to more joy! That karma should be kicking in about now, right?