The Touchscreen Handheld From VTech – MobiGo (Giveaway)CONTESTS, REVIEWS & CONTESTS | Mommy Niri | June 2, 2010 at 9:40 pm
I had not been a huge VTech fan. I mean I liked it ok but there was stuff about the design that never made it my favorite brand. So when I caught a glimpse of their new product at the Sandbox Summit a few weeks ago I was shocked. I loved it. Gone was a the annoying “abcd” keyboard and in the the awesome “qwerty” keyboard. Sounds trivial to you? Well remember this, kids go from toys straight to computers so changing the keyboards can make it darn confusing to any little bugger.
Then we were sent one to take a peek at. My girls have been fighting (and I mean fighting) over a Nintendo and I wanted my 3 year old to play with the Nintendo but how do I say this – she is not very delicate in how she treats stuff. Enter the Mobi-Go and the look and feel were perfect for her little hands. The plastic at the edges were rubbery, so they protected from bumps, and it also meant they were easy to grip.
The touchscreen just brings the next generation of technology to my preschoolers and I love it. No more messing up mama’s iTouch yet thanks to the iTouch they understood immediately when I said the screen was touchscreen. What I love about children’s games is that they are highly “forgivable” – in that if you are in the vicinity it gives you the benefit of the doubt.
So just like some texting or mobile devices you slide, and I mean slide, the screen and it props up the screen revealing a qwerty keyboard underneath. We just had the basic cartridge that came with the game but there were several games on it. Everything from musical to spelling. Did I mention the games were educational? Yes, that alone could win this mama’s heart.
The MobiGo releases June 7th online and also at Toys R Us. It is aged 3- 8years old (perfect for my 3 and 5 year old girls) and retails at $59.99
The next part?
Want to Win The Touchscreen Handheld MobiGo from VTech?
To win tell me why you would love to win this game. Contest closes 13th June 2010 . To earn extra entries, after you have left a comment, do one of the following, but make sure you leave a separate comment entry for each extra thing you do. This gives you additional ways to win the contest.
- Like the Mommy Niri Facebook Page. Already a part of it (thank you)? Just list your name below and state you are.
- On Facebook? Follow Mommy Niri’s blog on facebook and leave a comment here (even if you already are)
- Subscribe to Mommy Niri (and verify the subscription to be valid) and leave a separate comment that you did. Already a subscriber (thank you) then leave a comment stating you are
- Follow @ThePapaPost (and leave a comment here)
- Follow @MommyNiri on twitter and retweet (use the green retweet button, on top of the post, for easy access)
- Post this contest to your facebook status (use the easy Facebook button on top of the post for easy access)
- Have a Blog? Follow Mommy Niri and leave a comment that you are a follower.
- Have a Blog? Grab my button from the side bar and leave your URL in the comment.
- Have a Blog? Blog about the contest and leave the url of your post.
Don’t forget to visit out other fabulous giveaways on MommyNiri.com
Disclosure: I received the MobiGo to review!