Sex And The City 2 – The Soundtrack!REVIEWS, REVIEWS & CONTESTS | Nirasha Jaganath | June 13, 2010 at 8:35 pm
Sex and the City is one of those series that I was addicted too. Seriously. I watch no reality television and have not followed a series since HBO showed the last episode a few, childless, years ago. Fast forward a few later and the Sex And The City 1st movie filled my glamor void that I was already missing, but now with kids in tow. It always make me sad when a good movie or show ends so when I learned that SATC 2 was coming out I was excited beyond belief. As of writing this post I have still not seen the movie – I know shame on me. To console me at least I had the SATC 2 soundtrack. At first I really did not like most of it. But then it kind of grew on me.
What I liked:
- Alicia Keys “Rapture” – the fresh beat tune made me feel I still could dance.
- Erykah Badu “Window Seat” – I just loved this song, especially the lyrics
- Liza Minnelli “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)” – I know many people did not like this song, but to me I could close my eyes and remember my girlfriends and I hitting the clubs at the beach. Any music that brings back those memories is a winner in my book.
- Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon “I Am Woman” – Ok, so they are not sooo melodic or have perfect rhythm, but if you are a huge fan of SATC you want them to be part of the soundtrack. Personally I thought that they performed pretty good. Hey I am no music connoisseur but my deal about music is I don’t care how it sounds but how it makes you feel. So that means I am the one in the home belting out tunes – ahem, out of tune.
- Cyndi Lauper “True Colors” – I am an 80′s girl, I can’t help but love music of that era (the clothes may be questionable but the music rocks).
What I did not:
- The slow choir songs all grouped together in the end. I love children cds that slow down towards the end as I use it to trick kiddos to take a nap. I am no child.
- Less girlie-type songs.
Here’s the full track Listing
1. Alicia Keys “Rapture”
2. Dido “Everything to Lose”
3. Cee Lo “Language of Love”
4. Erykah Badu “Window Seat”
5. Natacha Atlas “Kidda”
6. Michael McGregor “Euphrates Dream”
7. Liza Minnelli “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
8. Ricki-Lee “Can’t Touch It”
9. Alicia Keys “Empire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down”
10. Jennifer Hudson and Leona Lewis “Love Is Your Color”
11. Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon “I Am Woman”
12. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “If Ever I Would Leave You”
13. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Sunrise, Sunset”
14. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Till There Was You”
15. Shayna Steele, Jordan Ballard, Kamilah Marshall “Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered”
16. Liza Minnelli with Billy Stritch “Ev’ry Time We Say Goodbye”
17. Cyndi Lauper “True Colors”
18. Aaron Zigman “Divas and Dunes”
Disclosure: I received a copy of the soundtrack to review!