Scholastic’s Max Spaniel: Funny Lunch (Giveaway 5 Winners)!REVIEWS & CONTESTS | Nirasha Jaganath | May 17, 2010 at 8:20 pm
We go through books like food, in fact, maybe even more than that. I dread when the school sends that Scholastic order form in my PreK kid’s backpack, as I find it hard to resist buying the books. Since my kids have been in the cooking mood, both with their play kitchen and also with their pretend play restaurant they enact, I thought that this book was worth a peek.
It is a hard cover book so durable for younger kids and it is short, just like most kid’s attention span. The story is about a lil dog Max who happens to be a chef. Well, not your regular old chef one that is quite funny. The pictures are slightly busier but I was fine with that as trying to get my kids moved from just the toddler/preschooler style books. The humor was cute enough for them to understand, of course with me repeating it a few times slowly. My favorite (though may seem old to us adults) is the one of ordering a hot dog, he brings out a dog with a fan. Sadly though when you start getting excited about it, it takes a different route and ends.
Now do you want to win it?
Win a Copy of Max Spaniel: Funny Lunch and a copy of Max Spaniel: Dinosaur Hunt? (5 winners)
To win tell me what is your favorite children’s book. Contest closes 22nd May 2010 . To earn extra entries, after you have left a comment, do one of the following, but make sure you leave a separate comment entry for each extra thing you do. This gives you additional ways to win the contest.
- Like the Mommy Niri Facebook Page. Already a part of it (thank you)? Just list your name below and state you are.
- On Facebook? Follow Mommy Niri’s blog on facebook and leave a comment here (even if you already are)
- Subscribe to Mommy Niri (and verify the subscription to be valid) and leave a separate comment that you did. Already a subscriber (thank you) then leave a comment stating you are
- Follow @ThePapaPost (and leave a comment here)
- Follow @MommyNiri on twitter and retweet (use the green retweet button, on top of the post, for easy access)
- Post this contest to your facebook status (use the easy Facebook button on top of the post for easy access)
- Have a Blog? Follow Mommy Niri and leave a comment that you are a follower.
- Have a Blog? Grab my button from the side bar and leave your URL in the comment.
- Have a Blog? Blog about the contest and leave the url of your post.
Don’t forget to visit out other fabulous giveaways on MommyNiri.com
Disclosure: I received a review copy of Max Spaniel: Funny Lunch.