Barilla Pasta – A Favorite In My Home! (Giveaway)CONTESTS, REVIEWS, REVIEWS & CONTESTS | Nirasha Jaganath | May 10, 2010 at 9:09 pm
I review many products, some I like, some I don’t, and some are in-between. There are few that I can safely declare that I use in my home. Barilla pasta is one of them. Don’t call me a food snob, I have dabbled in other (cheaper) brands but have decided to sticky with Barilla as most of them lack firmness and stick to the pan. I know they are somewhat pricier than other brands but minimizing waste is also saving. My pasta is always al-dente!
It is also the pasta I feed to my girls. I recall my excited when they launched their Picollini range. If the adorable advertisement did not win me over it was the craftsmanship of making the mini pasta shapes. You can taste the quality. My girls are not a fan of mac’n cheese and though it can make it difficult at parties I am happy about it since most of those meals don’t contain real cheese. We stick with pasta dishes for the girls containing just pasta, some vegetable and a teeny tiny dab of butter (the girls hate butter but I use it sparingly)
My favorite sauce (I won’t go into details about the recipe since I never measure except for baking) is a white sauce with red onions, mushrooms, garlic, black pepper and sweetcorn. Yum! Barilla also has launched a Share The Table campaign. The obvious benefit of bonding with your family is expected but this is what the Share The Table study found
Americans believe that regular family mealtimes have benefits for children that are less immediately obvious, such as higher performance in school (82% agree) and they are less likely to abuse drugs and alcohol (80% agree).
I am pretty guilty of eating on the run and then I have been getting frustrated with my girls for not sitting down until I realized what a bad example I was setting. I noticed just sitting with them allowed them to even try new flavors. Barilla also has a whole grain and Plus range. While not as tasty as the regular Barilla pasta it certainly does not taste like sawdust.
You can win an assortment of Barilla Whole Grain, Barilla PLUS, and Barilla Piccolini pastas
To win tell me what is your favorite pasta dish. Contest closes 18th May 2010 . To earn extra entries, after you have left a comment, do one of the following, but make sure you leave a separate comment entry for each extra thing you do. This gives you additional ways to win the contest.
- Like the Mommy Niri Facebook Page. Already a part of it (thank you)? Just list your name below and state you are.
- On Facebook? Follow Mommy Niri’s blog on facebook and leave a comment here (even if you already are)
- Subscribe to Mommy Niri (and verify the subscription to be valid) and leave a separate comment that you did. Already a subscriber (thank you) then leave a comment stating you are
- Follow @ThePapaPost (and leave a comment here)
- Follow @MommyNiri on twitter and retweet (use the green retweet button, on top of the post, for easy access)
- Post this contest to your facebook status (use the easy Facebook button on top of the post for easy access)
- Have a Blog? Follow Mommy Niri and leave a comment that you are a follower.
- Have a Blog? Grab my button from the side bar and leave your URL in the comment.
- Have a Blog? Blog about the contest and leave the url of your post.
Don’t forget to visit out other fabulous giveaways on MommyNiri.com
Disclosure: I received a sample of the product to review!