The Jellybeans and the Big Book Bonanza By Laura Numeroff (Giveaway)CONTESTS, REVIEWS | Nirasha Jaganath | April 24, 2010 at 7:34 am
Congratulations Darleen And Greg!
Have kids in tow? Have PreK or toddlers in tow? Then there is a pretty good chance that you would have come across Author Laura Numeroff’s best-selling book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. This time Laura’s new rendition, The Jellybeans and the Big Book Bonanza, is totally in keeping with quality but she has taken the mission offline as well. Laura has partnered with Sleepy’s and First Book, a non-profit organization working to provide new books to children in need, to promote family bedtime reading. Research shows that reading at least 20 minutes per night with your child can improve child literacy by 10 whole school days per year. That is is certainly nothing to sneeze at.
Laura would also like to encourage parents to make a pledge to read to their children at least 20 minutes per night. Each pledge will support Sleepy’s corporate contribution to First Book to provide new books to families in need so more children have access to read. Parents can take the pledge at http://www.sleepysbedtimestories.com and enter for a chance to win lunch with Laura Numeroff in New York City.
Now about the book, the 4 main character each with a different favorite thing yet remaining friends shows diversity can be good. Of course they all love jellybeans, hence the cool group name – which is ultra nice to show that we all have common threads no matter how different we are. I remember coming to the USA to work in a software engineering company without ever visiting the USA and as much as I was nervous when I got to my PC programming was the same in whatever country you were. Anyway back to the book, the theme also surrounds nervousness of speaking on stage and support from friends to get through it. I would tell you more but I am sure you are dying to read it with your kiddo.
Win The Jellybeans and the Big Book Bonanza Book From Laura Numeroff
To win tell me what is your favorite children’s book? Contest closes 2nd May 2010 . To earn extra entries, after you have left a comment, do one of the following, but make sure you leave a separate comment entry for each extra thing you do. This gives you additional ways to win the contest.
- Join Mommy Niri Facebook Fan Page. Already a fan (thank you)? Just list your name below and state you are.
- On Facebook? Follow Mommy Niri’s blog on facebook and leave a comment here (even if you already are)
- Subscribe to Mommy Niri (and verify the subscription to be valid) and leave a separate comment that you did. Already a subscriber (thank you) then leave a comment stating you are
- Follow @MommyNiri on twitter and retweet (use the green retweet button, on top of the post, for easy access)
- Post this contest to your facebook status (use the easy Facebook button on top of the post for easy access)
- Have a Blog? Follow Mommy Niri and leave a comment that you are a follower.
- Have a Blog? Grab my button from the side bar and leave your URL in the comment.
- Have a Blog? Blog about the contest and leave the url of your post.
- Don’t forget to visit out other fabulous giveaways on MommyNiri.com
Disclosure: I received a book to review!