Super Why And Wow Wow Wubbzy Highlight Earth Day! (Giveaway)CONTESTS, REVIEWS, REVIEWS & CONTESTS | Nirasha Jaganath | April 13, 2010 at 7:33 pm
Last year for Earth Day my girls headed to the Kid Toons to watch an episode of Super Why dedicated to the Earth Day theme of saving water. The episode subtly focuses on the impact of wasting water but in a dialect children can understand. Children, like everyone else, hate being lectured to, but explaining the ramifications in terms they can relate to. Knowing that we share the water resources and if one person plays with all it impacts water needed for bathing, watering plants and drinking.
Newly released Wubbzy Goes Green on DVD focuses on all aspects of being green, from planting berries and even recycling. Truth is before now my girls had not watched Wow Wow Wubbzy so I was not sure how they would watch the screener. So far they have watched it at least 6 times and they love it.
Both my 3 year old and almost 5 year old girls could relate to the message. To help further the DVD comes with seed sheets. This is so nifty, the seeds are embedded in the paper and the paper is bio-degradable so you just put the paper in the soil – easy enough for the kids.
Anchor Bay will donate $1 to Alliance for Community Trees (ACT) to help support the planting of trees in playgrounds and schoolyards across the country!
Here are some interesting tit-bits from ACT
Trees make for thriving children!
Did you know…
- asthma rates among 4- and 5-year-old children fell by 25% for every extra 343 trees per square kilometer?*
- students perform better in tests when surrounded by trees and grass?**
- neighborhoods with more trees experience less crime?**
More facts about trees!
Cleaner air: Trees help trap and remove tiny particles of soot and dust, which otherwise damage human lungs, and tree root networks filter contaminants in soils producing clean water. Four million trees would save $20 million in annual air pollution cleanup!***
Energy saver: The cooling effects of trees can save millions of energy dollars! Three to four shade trees located strategically around a house can cut summer cooling costs by 30-50%!***
Healthier children: Performing activities in green settings can reduce children’s Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder symptoms.**
For more information, please visit: http://actrees.org.
* Columbia University ** Human-Environment Research Laboratory at the University of Illinois ***ACT
Want to win the Wubbzy Goes Green DVD?
To win tell me what one green thing you do at at home ? Contest closes 25th April 2010 . To earn extra entries, after you have left a comment, do one of the following, but make sure you leave a separate comment entry for each extra thing you do. This gives you additional ways to win the contest.
- Join Mommy Niri Facebook Fan Page. Already a fan (thank you)? Just list your name below and state you are.
- On Facebook? Follow Mommy Niri’s blog on facebook and leave a comment here (even if you already are)
- Subscribe to Mommy Niri (and verify the subscription to be valid) and leave a separate comment that you did. Already a subscriber (thank you) then leave a comment stating you are
- Follow @ThisIsRamesh (and leave a comment here)
- Follow @MommyNiri on twitter and retweet (use the green retweet button, on top of the post, for easy access)
- Post this contest to your facebook status (use the easy Facebook button on top of the post for easy access)
- Have a Blog? Follow Mommy Niri and leave a comment that you are a follower.
- Have a Blog? Grab my button from the side bar and leave your URL in the comment.
- Have a Blog? Blog about the contest and leave the url of your post.
Don’t forget to visit out other fabulous giveaways on MommyNiri.com
Meet Angela Santomero, Creator Of Super Why!
*Disclosure: I received a screener copy of Wubbzy Goes Green DVD!