Friday 5: 5 Ways My Laziness As A Mom Has Paid Off!FRIDAY 5 | Nirasha Jaganath | March 30, 2010 at 7:58 pm
Sometimes laziness has its blessing. Ok, so not so much when it comes to blogging (which is not, ahem, why the Friday 5 is always late). But lately I have had the need for finding reasons, or rather benefits, for my lazy attitude in mothering.
- I nursed! I know nursing your kid is healthy and It was one of the reasons I did it but truth be told the driving factor was the fact that I did not have to wash bottles. So I nursed both my kids for almost 18 months each.
- I co-slept/sleep! Sure I love the bonding experience and would not exchange it for anything but I started it just to get some sleep when my baby was born.
- My kids organize their toys. I had bought several IKEA (I simply love IKEA) boxes and kept toys separated but the kids have now learned to always sort their toys.
- The girls don’t eat greasy food. Somehow while transitioning from baby food to toddler food I kept the food plain, no rich butter etc. Now the girls eat a plain multi-grain bagel with no cream cheese etc, or plain pasta tossed with broccoli.
- The girls love Starbucks hot chocolate. Now I know what you are thinking: “Mommy Niri, is that really a good thing?” – Heck, yeah! Since I am a huge fan of Starbucks chai I exposed the girls to their hot chocolate, which is much bitter and less sweet than the regular hot chocolate fed to kids. Which means they are getting something healthier without their taste buds getting messed up with all that syrupy taste.