Friday 5: 5 Amazing Feats By Mom!FRIDAY 5 | Nirasha Jaganath | March 16, 2010 at 8:47 pm
- The ability to sleep in the most uncomfortable of spaces. Once upon a time I needed a good cushy (big) bed, proper timing, lighting etc. Now if you give me a spot I can sleep. Yup, even squished between 2 kids in a twin bed, or if sleepy enough on the kitchen table.
- Have x-ray vision. You know when all is quiet and you recall leaving that bottle of lotion on the floor, you can actually see with your mind’s eye your kid dousing it all over her body, and then some.
- Be a math wizard with timing. You know exactly that if the kid starts to wake up at this time, then at that time breakfast is being kicked off, while clothing is being laid out, bags packed etc. You multi-task to the hilt and hell hath no fury like someone delaying a mama’s day.
- Be a short order chef. The kid barely has swallowed the first bite but in anticipation of the rejection of the meal, you already have started another dish.
- Have an elephant memory! You know where everything is, even if you did not place it there. Not only that but you can recall these vital tit-bits of information above all the yelling and squabbling between the kids.