A Soda’ish Tea, That’s Healthy? Win Some Too!CONTESTS, REVIEWS, REVIEWS & CONTESTS | Nirasha Jaganath | March 2, 2010 at 11:16 am
I love soda. I don’t keep it in the home and know it is BAD for me but I love it. I love tea. I never used to but it is one of those things living with a tea addict I became a lover of. The only thing is I like my tea hot. I never drink iced tea and have never had the urge. So when last year I was offered to try some I found an excuse after another to not. Call me weird but like my breakfasts, I like my tea and coffee hot.
Then I was in Whole Foods, my favorite store – which I wish I could afford more- and noticed Steaz Teaz again. Reading the label I found that it may be fizzy like. Seriously at first I thought it sounded sick – a fizzy tea. I thought someone had gone off the deep end with this concept. Then I noticed the nutritional content, the vitamins and antioxidants. Did I mention it is organic and fair trade too? Since I am always harping on the value of it to my kids I thought I would suck it up and try it. If it tasted awful, as I expected it to, I would gulp it down like medicine.
At my kiddo’s PreK Valentine party at my home I pulled out a few samples and decided to let them be guinea pigs. After many oohs and ahhs, I hid a few bottles away so that maybe I could try. I mean how bad could it be, right? The shock I had when I tasted it was beyond belief. There was a burst of fresh juice, a zing from the fizzy and a slight (good) after taste of tea. It tasted good. Darn good. After I got over bemoaning the fast that I shared too many of my bottles away I could not get over how much I loved it. In fact the only thing that would prevent me from purchasing them like crazy would be the fact that they are tad pricier than I can indulge in. I do have to admit that i think the containers are slightly on the bigger size. The bottle size I may forgive but for a can to be so big is tantamount to waste since I won’t be able to contain the fizz and quality. Look while I am not an overnight iced-tea drinker, the taste is certainly enough to that if Steaz Teaz and soda and soda were side by side I would choose Steaz Teaz! My kids, who always call my chai a grown up drink and refuse to drink it (more for me) loved the taste too but would not believe me that there was tea in it. Who could blame them?
Want to win a sampler pack of 6 Steaz Teaz? To win post a comment on this blog post answering “What is your favorite beverage?” (US residents only).
Contest closes 14th March, 2010. To earn extra entries, after you have left a comment, do one of the following, but make sure you leave a separate comment entry for each extra thing you do. This gives you additional ways to win the contest.
- Join Mommy Niri Facebook Fan Page. Already a fan (thank you)? Just list your name below and state you are.
- On Facebook? Follow Mommy Niri’s blog on facebook and leave a comment here (even if you already are)
- Subscribe to Mommy Niri (and verify the subscription to be valid) and leave a separate comment that you did. Already a subscriber (thank you) then leave a comment stating you are
- Follow @ThisIsRamesh (and leave a comment here)
- Follow @MommyNiri on twitter and retweet (use the green retweet button, on top of the post, for easy access)
- Post this contest to your facebook status (use the easy Facebook button on top of the post for easy access)
- Have a Blog? Follow Mommy Niri and leave a comment that you are a follower.
- Have a Blog? Grab my button from the side bar and leave your URL in the comment.
- Have a Blog? Blog about the contest and leave the url of your post.
Don’t forget to visit out other fabulous giveaways on MommyNiri.com
Disclosure: I received a sample pack of Steaz Teas for review purposes!