Valentine’s Getaways in NH!NEWS | Nirasha Jaganath | February 10, 2010 at 9:19 pm
As much a wrapped gift is always welcome you cannot beat a getaway to prolong the gift. I received a few suggestions from the tourism guys of New Hampshire and I thought I would share a few of my favorites. Of course I have not yet tried any of these wonderful places (I will be away at a blogging event) but there is no reason why you guys can’t check them out.
For those who want to stay in:
- Inns & Spa at Mill Falls, Meredith –Get in touch with the New England feel with the elegance and distinctive hospitality. Romance will fill the mood as you check out the luxurious lake view rooms complete with fireplace and whirlpool bath. An in case you love fireplace (and who does not?) they have a whopping 105 fireplaces.Check out the Spa packages and arrange to have rose petals on your bed and chilled champagne for a truly magical arrival. www.millfalls.com/
- The Mount Washington Resort in Bretton Woods is offering a French Kiss Romance Package where you get treated to a romantic getaway with special Champagne, turndown service, and even a French toast breakfast in bed.
- Ammonoosuc Inn, Lisbon – This package Valentine’s Day Getawayincludes 2 nights, two 30 minute Neck & Back Swedish Massages, personalized arrangement of fresh cut flowers, an intimate three-course Valentine’s Day menu, and a daily gourmet breakfast. www.ammonoosucinn.com/index.html
Or those who want to go out
- Valentine’s Day Fun on the Slopes, Mt. Sunapee – On Saturday, Feb 14, 2009, join in a “heart hunt” on the slopes with lots of prizes and other activities for the active romantic! www.mountsunapee.com That should be enough activity to get your heart racing.
- Colebrook Winter Carnival – JSaturday, Feb. 13, 2010 there’s ice carving, snow tubing, dog sledding, a snowshoe relay, even bocce! Of course many of us will have our kids along with us so, if you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day family style, the little ones can participate in the Little Jack Frost and Snow Flake Pageant www.northcountrychamber.org
Or those that just want to:
Get Married: For those who want to tie the knot on this most romantic of days, there are numerous options. NH is all prepped with places and packages to help get you hitched (or re-hitched)
photo of dusk at the Centenniel in Concord