Friday 5: 5 Reasons Why I Still Love My Toyota!FRIDAY 5 | Nirasha Jaganath | February 12, 2010 at 7:39 pm
I am sure that this may not make me popular but I have to say it. I drive a Toyota and am proud of it. I love it enough to dedicate this week’s Friday 5 to it. Yes, I have a television and I have been keeping tabs on the news about the recalls. Am I underplaying the severity of the issue? No! Do I believe it is sprinkled with hype? Yes! There are important issues to be dealt with but I will always be a Toyota girl. Here’s why:
- My father, grandfathers and family all drove a Toyota and we all did it with assurance of reliability.
- Yes the executives may have botched up the publicity angle with dealing with the recalls but that just means they are not as sophisticated with dealing with cover-ups and sugar-coated talk, not that it is a reflection on the car. If they could smile their way out of it would it make a car safer? Do I wish they handled it better? Heck, yeah but I won’t penalize a car for their unsophisticated decorum.
- I am pretty sure many car manufacturers have enough dirt once they start digging all over,
- The cashing in on the media and hype to try and get me to buy local just based on this won’t work. A car that for generations proved dependable does not just wash away after these setbacks.
- When I arrived in the USA over 10 years ago and had to get used to driving on the right side of the road, with the steering wheel on the left hand side and had to drive an automatic transmission for the first time, I chose a Toyota out of familiarity from driving one in South Africa. So far we have had 3 cars and all Toyota cars. We still have 2 and I only gave up the one Toyota as it was on lease. I actually missed that car too. So far Toyota has not let me down. There may be hurdles but I won’t forsake my Toyota just yet!