Alternatives To Water?REVIEWS | Nirasha Jaganath | February 7, 2010 at 10:05 pm
Water is good for you. That is just a truthful statement. Knowing that and still managing to drink it is really not so easy. The past few weeks I was approached about test driving some beverage alternatives. Of course I said yes, anything but water always sounds better. And way better if it is not the soda I reach for. Luckily I don’t keep soda in the house or I would be in real trouble.
What I loved
- I loved all the fruity flavors, especially the blueberry pomegranate and the kiwi-strawberry.
- It beats soda any day
- Propel Mind is packed with antioxidant vitamin E plus choline, an essential nutrient for the brain - how could that be bad?
- Propel Body has 10% daily value of fiber – and that is always a tough nutrient to pack up on.
- Comes in powder format so you can take it anywhere (even through airport security).
What I did not
- The sugary taste, real or not, was certainly too much for me.
What I liked
- That the High Fructose Corn syrup is now gone and no longer in the G2!
- Only 20 calories (for the 8oz)
- No doubt about it Gatorade does hydrate. Even if not a sports person you can instantly feel quenched.
- That there was no sticky syrupy taste in my mouth.
What I didn’t
- It may be the electrolytes but Gatorade always leave a tinge of chemical taste in my mouth.
Disclosure: I received both of these products to review.