My Shake ‘N Bake Tofu! (Giveaway – 5 Winners)Uncategorized | Nirasha Jaganath | January 10, 2010 at 9:05 pm
COngratulations Darla, Rachel, Susan, Kelly, Emily!
When I was approached to give Shake ‘N Bake a try, my reaction was “What?”. Now, crucify me if you like but I had never heard about Shake ‘N Bake. Maybe it had something to do with me not being born here or maybe the fact that I am a vegetarian may have something to do with it. Either way a product with a picture of a chicken on in was not something I would have even considered. Though the product is vegetarian it is aimed at being a coating for chicken. Knowing full well I was vegetarian I was asked whether I could make a vegetarian dish out of it and I was certainly up to a challenge.
It was a little more difficult than I anticipated:
What I liked:
- easy. really it was.
- It expected baking so slightly healthier option.
- It was vegetarian so I could use it for anything.
- It came with 2 separate packages, so less wastage.
- It comes with the plastic bags for doing “Shake ‘N Bake”
- It actually tastes good.
- I used a grilling oven and it worked just great.
What I didn’t:
- Maybe I am not used to using something pre-spiced but it felt saltier than I would make something.
- The item to be coated needs to be quite moist to hold the “crumbs” together. They do note to wet the “chicken” but since I was using tofu I did not think I needed to (it being pretty “wet” for those not familiar with tofu) but I did need to.
Want to win the Shake ‘N Bake? Actually you can win 2 boxes of the product. Hmm, let’s make it exciting and have 5 winners (2 boxes each)
Tell me What item in your pantry (or fridge) you cannot do without?
Disclosure: I received the Shake ‘N Bake product to review!