Need Natural Toys? Win Princess Penny’s Story Building Palace!CONTESTS, REVIEWS, REVIEWS & CONTESTS | Nirasha Jaganath | December 21, 2009 at 7:12 pm
While at Type A Mom conference I met the guys from Sprig Toys. I was intrigued by their range of toys made with sprig wood. In the words of the creators “An exciting line of battery-free, eco-friendly, paint-free, kid-powered toys sure to dazzle the most discriminating preschooler.” By using recycled plastic and wood they have created a whole new range of toys. I love this concept since many companies claim to use safe materials but by already using recycled materials this company is reducing those dump piles. You got to love that.
While building my holiday list I noticed that I had no natural toys in the selection and my readers promptly asked me for them on my fanpage. So I remembered Sprig Toys. Many natural companies feature wood but not many recycled material. I recalled the characters were interesting and was keen to see if they were capable of holding a pre-schooler’s interest. My kids are really big fan of building blocks and play acting, so things like doll houses manage to hold their attention. We took the Princess Penny’s Story Building Palace for a whirl. We loved it and it certainly will be a toy that the girls can share and play (except for the fight for Princess Penny).
- Great use of fine motor skills for putting together the palace.
- Pretend play with the castle and character
- Non-electronic – a huge plus
- All the wonderful eco-friendly characteristics (recycled, no dyes etc).
- Expandable play. You can mingle any of the characters or kits.
- Encourages shared play
- A company that really cares about their products, environment and customers.
- Has 95 pieces for prolonged play.
- The flip doors need to be handled a little more carefully to not break.
- There is only one main character (Princess Penny) and to encourage shared play would have been nicer to have more than one.
Would you love to win the Princess Penny’s Story Building Palace (valued at $29.95)?