Moxie Girlz Dolls Are Hip, Happening And In Various Hues!

REVIEWS | | November 1, 2009 at 8:59 pm

moxie_dolls_group

While at BlogHer in Chicago I received the Moxie Girlz Doll. Later I found that there were some Moxie Girlz dolls of color. That piqued my interest and I received one of color to review. The fact that there are so few options for dolls of color and having 2 little girls myself this is one topic I will always be on the lookout for. Keeping a doll trendy without being cheesy is a tough act. Yes, I am a pretty hard critic on these issues but I certainly feels it merits the attentions and feel it my duty towards my girls.

These dolls come with various accessories to style and design the doll further. Some with bikes while others with guitars.  It does not end there as earring, baubles, clothing, and a marker to decorate are thrown in too. I must admit always having a soft spot for anyone that manages to make dolls of color.

What I loved:

• They were trendy without being cheesy. Style is definitely fresh and snazzy (away from the staid boring dolls. (See I could recognize style as I used to have it once upon a time).
  • The add ons further define the style and character the child determines.
  • Unique as I don’t know of another doll that comes with a bike to decorate, do you?
  • Dolls of color, enough said!
  • Very pliable.
  • The clothing is easy to change even for smaller hands.
  • The  body materials quality is really good.
  • The extra long hair makes it fun to style.

What I did not:

• I wish they had feet. The boots are attached and when removed there are no feet, kind of freaky to me.
  • The markers, well a little difficult controlling where kids write with them Granted the dolls are meant for ages 6 + but think little sisters/brother in the house too. If you want to add the marker make them totally washable (as I unfortunately found out these are not).

Mommy Niri verdict on Moxie Girlz Dolls:

Neat, fresh and not too expensive dolls, so if you have an older kid you can try it out without breaking the bank.

Update :

Enter Moxie Girlz Dolls giveaway by Dec 12, 2010 Moxie Girlz Dolls (2 Winners)

Tags: , ,

melissa says:

i rec’d one when i attended bowlher also! i liked these dolls because they don’t look like they are about to walk the street.

Anna's Dad says:

I agree. The skirts and shorts are still a little short on these dolls but they are cute and a much better choice than the Monster High dolls which are very trashy. They(the MH Dolls)are offensive The skirts are so short as to show the dolls rear end even when she was standing upright! Fish net, high heels, low cut blouses, and favorite thing to do “flirting with boys”? Very disappointed.

D7ana says:

There are only two versions of the Sasha doll, Art-titude and Jammaz; the other three dolls have Masquerade issues.

Have you ever seen the Mixis dolls by YNU Group? I have discussed them on my blog, PhillyCollector, and they have a web site http://www.mixis.com. I mention them as alternatives to Barbie – they have more realistic builds and attractive ethnic faces. Check my website for the code to get the Limited Edition dolls at the sale price.

Yvette says:

yo peeps how do you put in the code of moxiegirlz my little sister wants to play on it

Mary says:

Moxie Girls are one of my favorite, they are really cute, anyway I just want to share this interesting website I found from the internet, its http://www.ThatsMyFace.com/f/custom_doll_head that can create a super-realistic doll heads of anyone from just a photo. Imagine making doll of yourself, your kids, your boss or your favorite celebrity!

Apparently they can make the heads in many scales to fit Barbie-like dolls, Tonner dolls or even smaller figurines like Polly Pocket.

Sıla says:

Moxi Girls are my favorite,They are really cute…:D
    İ Love Moxie Girls!!!<3 :D

sandy yee says:

my 6 year old granddaughter recieved this doll for a specail occasion this past winter and you mix a color and do the dolls hair and the childs,well 2 months later even trying a purifying shampoo her hair is still pink my little blond girl with the front of her hair pink has to wait for it to grow out !several salons said it has to be cut out “which means the front of her hair needs shaved of or dyed not!i do not recommend useing this product on your childs hair

kara says:

hay i love moxie girlz shes beodiford