K’NEX Makes A Great Building Connection!REVIEWS | Nirasha Jaganath | November 16, 2009 at 9:35 pm
A while ago I was approached by Team Mom about reviewing K’NEX, and I thought why not. The closest thing I can think of describing K’NEX to would be LEGOs. You see we are a hardcore Lego family (well as hardcore as a 2 and 4 year old can be) but on my daughter’s 4th birthday she got a set of K’NEX and I could see the possibilities. I am a big fan of things you can build on, like Legos and Potato Head. K’NEX is also holding a Make a K’NEXion contest. You can win over $1,000 worth of K’NEX Toys and be featured on the KNEX.com web site.
The 10 best videos will be featured on KNEX.com and the winning video will receive $1,000 worth of K’NEX Toys.
I looked forward to watching both my girls play with these. My 2 year old did quite a bit of free play, i.e. build characters on her own, while my 4 year old watched guides and built them exactly as it appeared on the box. I loved seeing that they could both play with K’NEX, the bickering after was purely sibling behavior and I cannot hold the toy responsible for that.
- Allows more than one age to play together.
- Allows you to build on the toy (i.e. mix many packs together to increased fun).
- Provides hours (ok, maybe an hour) of quiet play.
- Provides fodder for the imagination.
- Parts are easy for even younger kids to put together
- Fewer sharp edges than other building toys.
- Wish there were fewer character pieces to be made and more little character pieces itself.
- Too few pieces in each pack.
*Disclosure: I received a box of K’NEX to review.