Win Author Eileen Goudge’s “Once in a Blue Moon” And “Woman in Red”!
CONTESTS, REVIEWS | Nirasha Jaganath | October 29, 2009 at 7:58 pm
I was recently approached by One2One network to review a book by Eileen Goudge, the New York Times Bestselling author of “Woman in Red“. Books are the toughest to review since they take time, though reading is a big love in my life it is not one I have given much attention to recently. So knowing my schedule was against it I agreed to receive a copy of the Once in a Blue Moon book, by Eileen Goudge.
The story trails the lives of 2 sisters Lindsay and Kerrie Ann whose lives change the day their mom is sent off to jail.Though the neighbor Miss Honi Love, who also plays an impacting role in the book, the girls are separated as they are sent to separate foster home. Coming from a family of just 5 girls this tugged at my heartstrings. The next bit seemed a little old story: one sister to a rich family and the other to a poor family. Obviously this shapes their outlook. With Kerrie Ann being a mom to Bella and has complications in this relationship as well, with Kerrie Ann committed to gaining custody of Bella.
Although the meeting between the 2 sisters get off to a rocky start, one more subdued and the other more brazen, the sense of belonging manages to be stronger to overcome all. It is not just Kerrie Ann that needs help, Lindsay has her share of issues too even though it is not as loudly spoken as Kerrie Ann. I am a sucker for family drama and happier travails so this was up my alley. Had hubby read this book (never mind that he would never) he would lament over all the gaping holes in the story but not me. I like a little bit of idealic fantasy in my books, since if I needed reality why would I read?
Want to win both books by Eileen Goudge – “Once in a blue moon” and “Woman in red”? To enter tell me what your favorite book is. Make sure that you enter the correct contact details. Contest closes 31st October 2009. To earn extra entries, after you have left a comment, do one of the following, but make sure you leave a separate comment entry for each extra thing you do. This gives you additional ways to win the contest.
- Join Mommy Niri Facebook Fan Page. Already a fan (thank you)? Just list your name below and state you are.
- On Facebook? Follow Mommy Niri’s blog on facebook and leave a comment here (even if you already are)
- Subscribe to Mommy Niri (and verify the subscription to be valid) and leave a separate comment that you did. Already a subscriber (thank you) then leave a comment stating you are
- Follow @MommyNiri on twitter and retweet (use the green retweet button, on top of the post, for easy access
- Have a Blog? Follow Mommy Niri and leave a comment that you are a follower.
- Have a Blog? Grab my button from the side bar and leave your URL in the comment.
- Have a Blog? Blog about the contest and leave the url of your post
- Leave a comment on any other non-contest post on Mommy Niri, and don’t forget to mention it here in a comment.