Win A Temple Touch Thermometer!
REVIEWS & CONTESTS | Mommy Niri | October 18, 2009 at 8:32 pm
The types of thermometers out there are big and everyone has their favorite. Growing up we just used the old mercury ones and I was glad to see them phased out. When we were expecting a baby we considered various ones but finally went with a regular digital one. We used it only in the mouth and though everyone swears by the accuracy of the rectal one I could never get the courage to use them on my kids. In fact I remember taking my little baby (when she was maybe 3 months) and the nurse insisted on taking the temperature rectally and was actually gloating how she knew to stand aside as it sometimes made kids to have the sensation to go potty. She barely managed anything as my daughter sprayed poop all over her and the wall. I tried my best to keep a straight face and think I deserved an award for managing it.
Next we opted for a ear thermometer and I loved it. The only bummer was that fact that I had to keep protective caps and paranoid me always worried what if we ran out and they did not make them anymore. That concern was unfounded as years later they still do and we still have ones from when we bought it. But the thought of a temporal thermometer not needing those caps is an attractive one. Yes you would still need to wipe it with alcohol to disinfect between uses but it still makes it cheaper. I must admit it too some practice to get it right to get a correct reading but that may just be me. The great part is you don’t have to wake up a sleeping child to get the reading and it is totally non-invasive. Will it replace my ear thermometer? I am still debating but you can decide on your own.
Want to win the Temple Touch Thermometer ? Tell me your best tip for making someone who is ill feel better (”count me in” type comments will not count). Make sure that you enter the correct contact details. Contest closes 24th October 2009. To earn extra entries, after you have left a comment, do one of the following, but make sure you leave a separate comment entry for each extra thing you do. This gives you additional ways to win the contest.
- Join Mommy Niri Facebook Fan Page. Already a fan (thank you)? Just list your name below and state you are.
- On Facebook? Follow Mommy Niri’s blog on facebook (link is also on the side bar) and leave a comment here (even if you already are)
- Subscribe to Mommy Niri (and verify the subscription to be valid) and leave a separate comment that you did. Already a subscriber (thank you) then leave a comment stating you are
- Follow @MommyNiri on twitter and retweet (use the green retweet button, on top of the post, for easy access
- Have a Blog? Follow Mommy Niri and leave a comment that you are a follower.
- Have a Blog? Grab my button from the side bar and leave your URL in the comment.
- Have a Blog? Blog about the contest and leave the url of your post
- Leave a comment on any other non-contest post on Mommy Niri, and don’t forget to mention it here in a comment.
Check out the complete list of Halloween Extravaganza
Tags: halloween, temple thermometer, temple touch, thermometer