The Ninja Master Prep Has Found A Place In My Kitchen!REVIEWS | Nirasha Jaganath | October 24, 2009 at 7:55 pm
I should rather say “counter”, and that is a true honor in itself. The truth is the moment my oldest became a toddler I somehow lost counter space in my home. No matter what I did the counters became cluttered, though I salvaged some space for a laptop, priorities ehh? And you wondered how I always seem online or reply mails in a jiffy. That is precisely the reason why we are fussy about any appliance that survives my kitchen. When I attended the EuroPro launch of The Ninja Master Chef in NY with Food Network’s Robin Miller I did so more for Robin but was very impressed with the Ninja Master Prep.
Returning home, knowing they would be shipping me a complimentary one home, I had to do some convincing to my hubby that it was worth cleaning some space for (all the while hoping I was right). Anyway since it has come home I have made a Tomato puree, Mango Smoothie, Spooky Raisin Spiders, and a peanut chutney. I have been impressed with every result. Having used the huge blenders in other brands it is true that the Ninja surpasses crushing ice. The even chopping of the tomatoes really surprised me.
What I liked about Ninja Master:
- Crushes ice like a dream.
- Purees evenly
- The corded portion of the appliance does not touch the mixture, thus no cleaning.
- Easy to clean.
- Adequate sizes of containers (it comes with 2 sizes).
- Can move between the 2 sizes of bowls easily.
What I thought could be better in the next version:
- An added container/bowl that is smaller just when you need to make just a teen quantity of something.
- The lids take a little adjusting to fit right, or maybe that is just me, but then again it should work easily without too much fuss for anyone.
- The motor is pretty heavy, so it feels a bit weighty.
As you can see the improvements are needed but the functionality of the product is unmistakable. I hear people rave about the Magic Bullet and I hear comments that this is supposed to be better, but in honesty I can’t vouch for anything since I don’t own a Magic Bullet. But I do own the Ninja Master Prep and so far it has been good, so I’ll keep it.