Friday 5: 5 Reasons I Have No Chance For Mom Of The Year Award!FRIDAY 5 | Nirasha Jaganath | October 23, 2009 at 9:11 pm
Ok, so I never pretend to have it all together. In fact when I started the Mommy Niri Friday 5 series I did with so with resolutions for the year, knowing I had to get my act in gear. It is no surprise that the year is almost done (what do you mean it is only October, have you not seen the Christmas stuff out already?) and I am still as out of sync as ever. I think it is time to not just throw the towel in on winning any award but to embrace my situation. There are way too many things that won’t get me nominated to be Mama Of The Year, but thankfully Friday 5 means I only get to spill only 5. Hey hang around my blog long enough and you will get well acquainted with all the others.
- I don’t do housework! Well I do less than the bare minimum so little trust me you would not even notice. Anyone who has the guts to say anything is promptly reminded that I left my (lucrative) career to become a SAHM not a housewife. Sure I blamed it on the kids at first and now I declare that my blogging is the culprit. Someone even gave a snarky comment about how I can blog if I have no time to clean, HELLO, which would you rather do? Exactly!
- Pizza is fine for breakfast, right? Ok, so I mix the meals up a little but I figure that as long as the food in a day is overall healthy, it should be ok. Plus, this reduces the whiny behavior in the morning since I was obviously up the previous night blogging. To all those moms rolling their eyes at my kids devouring this, bite on this: My kids love vegetables!
- We have Pajama days all too often. Sometimes it just is not worth the battle tugging on clothes onto unwilling bodies so we spend the entire day in pj’s. Pretty liberating, actually. Also I will never be a poster mom for those pretty little frocks with barrettes in the hair. I hardly dress the kids up so family portraits are rarity. Maybe it is my laziness speaking or lack of being able to primp my own self, but it just looks stifling to me. Some kids I have seen with such meticulous dressing and not a hair out of place and I wonder what their moms do when they engage in messy play (and don’t tell me moms don’t let them to do, I want to pretend that all children do).
- I don’t do crafts, bake or sing. Well I do but not as much as I would like to. In fact one of my favorite friend Ali’s blog has the most awesome crafts and I salivate after it like I do when Food Network is on. Yeah, I am a spectator girl.
- I scare my kids with monsters. I know good mamas concoct all sorts of wonderful stories to scare away the monsters, but not this mama. I use the power of monster tales to speed up the bedtime process. There I said it and it is really less awful than it sounds.
Ok, so let the judgement begin, just one thing: Be Nice!