Friday 5: 5 Things Not To Do When You Are Invited To My Party!FRIDAY 5 | Nirasha Jaganath | September 25, 2009 at 7:26 pm
So here we are, Friday again. Seems to arrive pretty fast I think, except when you are waiting for it. Here I am at Type A Mom conference in Asheville, North Carolina, missing on the nightly escapades all because I know that you love the Mommy Niri Friday 5 series. Speaking about parties, that is just what this week’s rendition is about. Here are a few annoying things that friends to.
- Just not RSVP. Seriously, you either are going or not. Simple isn’t it? It is just plain RUDE not to even bother with an RSVP. Don’t plan to go? Then just answer NO!
- Keep your RSVP on Maybe. Honestly you know the odds are in a certain direction and unless you are sincerely waiting on something have the common courtesy to update your RSVP or call (heard of the phone?)
- Wait to see who is coming (or ask who is coming)! What is this? A sorority? Are we in high school waiting to see who goes, thus giving it more importance?
- Ask me to change a party date set to a date convenient just for you. Seriously it may come to surprise to you that my life does not revolve around you!
- Just not show up! Unless you are in some compromising situation and cannot call this is one that irks me the most. To be forgiven (don’t bother expecting me to forget, ask my husband, I never forget) several visits laced with flowers just (might) do the trick.
Being invited to any party is really an honor, maybe it is time to remember that!