Win Hostess 100 Calorie Packs (10 winners)CONTESTS, HEALTH | Nirasha Jaganath | August 4, 2009 at 7:09 pm
Congratulations Winners: Donna Kozar, Cheryl Yoder, Candie Luster, Jennifer Girsche, Janet Fricano, Patricia Treskovich, Carol Dziuba, Amanda Kinder, Jeccica Simpson, and Carol Lawrence
When I was contacted by Hostess about reviewing their new line of 100 calorie snacks (mini cakes) I was unsure. I normally am pretty picky about cakes and truth be told rarely reach out to non bakery ones. I did agree for 2 reasons, one being the 100 calorie thing is a value for not blowing a diet (no, not on one but the lord knows I need it) and also small enough to carry in the car for kids. The second being that I know from a previous contest that these are popular with my readers and no way would I deprive you from getting a chance to win one for yourself.
The packs I received to sample from Hostess were the carrot cake, coffee cake and the chocolate cake ones. I must admit it it is not bakery taste but then I did not expect it. Was certainly less sweeter but some of the commercial ones are so sweet it is unreal so it was a nice surprise. It did not feel so much as a cake but more like a snack, I wish they were fluffier but I guess that may mean they would spoil quicker. The size was too small to quench anything for me but the fact that my little ones could pop them in their mouth easily could easily forgive the size factor. I guess with a pack of 3 A(that add to the 100 calories) it is meant to prolong the snack and thus hoping you don’t binge.
Important to note is that each box has 6 packs of 3, so 18 in a box. Not sure if I would use them as a weight watching tool (though my cob-web covered scale could use the help) but if I were to opt to use them it would be more of a treat stashed in the car or an impromptu picnic. With 10 winners the odds would certainly be in your favor.
Want to win it?
The contest closes on the 9th August, 2009. The winner will be chosen by random.org.
Leave a comment as to which is the flavor you would love to try (”count me in” type comments will not count). Make sure that you entered the correct contact details.
To earn extra entries, after you have left a comment, do one of the following, but make sure you leave a separate comment entry for each extra thing you do. This gives you additional ways to win the contest:
- Join Mommy Niri Facebook Fan Page. Already a fan (thank you)? Just list your name below and state you are.
- On Facebook? Follow Mommy Niri’s blog on facebook (link is also on the side bar) and leave a comment here (even if you already are)
- Subscribe to Mommy Niri (and verify the subscription to be valid) and leave a separate comment that you did. Already a subscriber (thank you) then leave a comment stating you are
- Follow @MommyNiri on twitter and tweet about this contest with hashtag #mommyniricontest and leave a comment that you did so. People with no followers do not count. For example : @mommyniri Win Hostess 100 Calorie #mommyniricontest 10 Winners http://tinyurl.com/l9dmrh
- Have a Blog? Follow Mommy Niri and leave a comment that you are a follower.
- Leave a comment on any other non-contest post on Mommy Niri, and don’t forget to mention it here in a comment.
Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org !
Make sure you check out other contests running on Mommy Niri.