Is It Halloween Yet?

PRODUCTS, REVIEWS | | August 26, 2009 at 10:06 pm

dscn0770

Recently I saw an opportunity to review some costumes and I was taken aback, it was August. I normally have no concept of what day it is but was I really that out of touch? Flashbacks to last year and I recall how the good costumes get taken. Anyway I managed to get a wonderful witch costume (part of their Simply Spooky line) from the Princess Time Toys online store (you can also check out their blog for some great ideas).

The costume was black, purple, a touch of orange and had trimings in green so already I knew my 4 year old would be deliriously giddy since that was her favorite color. I truthfully hate shopping for Halloween costumes as I have been pretty disappointed with many aspects previously.

When did wearing a costume become something comparable with dressing like a tramp? I mean do what you want with adult costumes but with kid’s costumes at least show some decency. Call me a prude but I would love my preschooler to look cute, not sexy.  The fit of the Witch costume was generous yet still very child-like. I was thrilled to see something that brought freshness yet innocence to a costume.

The other aspect that was annoying and made me frown spending money was the awful quality of run of the mill costumes. Yes I have come across a few good ones but those came with a hefty price tag and the softer ones were targetted for babies. The stitching which would fall apart in the washing and the scratchy fabric are things you never have to worry about with Princess Time costumes.  I knew just by looking at the quality that this outfit would survive the rambuncious acts of my girl. So even when Halloween is long gone, I can forsee her donning this pretty little dress for a long time after.

Tags:

Aparna says:

It is almost september! Just yesterday, we were also discussing costumes. Little one wants to be a duck. Last year, he was a penguin. :)

Steph says:

Great costume! I am sort of dreading costume shopping this year–it’s getting really expensive!

Kelly Ann T. says:

I’m getting my dog ready for his costumes this year. We do quite a few charity events and they like to see the dog’s dressed up. Kouga loves it and I alwasy end up making his costume because he is 120 pounds and won’t fit into most of the costumes. The ones he will, are so popular that I try to do something different each year.

LaTonya says:

In an area discount store, there are Halloween things out already. I had to stop, and remember exactly what month it is.

We like to create our own costumes. My girls get a kick out of it.

Nancy says:

This sweet costume will be a great addition to her dress-up box. I love it when children’s play runs on their imaginations instead of batteries! Have fun!

Betty N says:

Your daughter is adorable! I am glad they are making their costumes sturdy enough that they can be used during play times or making up stories and acting them out…and of course they could be a good witch that helps everybody!

Lia says:

Your daughters dress is so darling and like you said it’s well made so it will with-stand and then you might want to donate it, nice way to give back and also get your use or should I say her use out of it