Friday 5: 5 Frustrating Things About My Man!FRIDAY 5 | Nirasha Jaganath | August 7, 2009 at 9:24 pm
The past week, after I returned from BlogHer, I found my home in a state that reminded me that dads do it differently. Yes, he did a splendid job holding down the fort, even if he could not hold down the balloon but it has taken me over a week to pick up the remnants. As part of Mommy Niri Friday 5 series I would love to continue my ranting to get it off my chest. I am sure I am not alone.
- He cannot find anything! If he needs to get anything out of the fridge, he just opens stares at it, then shuts it declaring he could not find anything, without bothering to move a thing to check behind.
- He reads no instructions! Am I the only one who goes stir crazy watching my husband put together toys or furniture while biting back the irritation? Not sure what bothers me more, the time he takes to do it or the way he does it (wrong).
- He hears nothing, and wonders why I repeat countless times! After I say the list of activities for the week ahead several times, it drives me bananas that he starts the morning asking me “What are we doing today?”!
- He cleans with blinker vision! Yeah honey, I am happy you cleaned all those dishes in the sink, but if you would just swing around and tackle those pots and pans sitting on the stove too, and while you are at it you might want to grab those dirty dishes left on the table.
- He is the playdate! While with the kids he becomes a kid. This also means when he is “taking care” of the kids he cannot do anything else.