Win An Autographed Copy Of Guide To Pirate Parenting,CONTESTS, PRODUCTS, REVIEWS | Nirasha Jaganath | June 10, 2009 at 9:16 pm
*** CONTEST CLOSED ***
Parenting books (seem to) target women to a large extent. It might be that reason that men don’t read them, or maybe they just do directions (or instructions). Ok, no arguing on that point as it is Father’s Day is fast approaching. In enters Tim Bete, author of Pirate Parenting, with his fresh approach to parenting. Bring the kids up like pirates and solve all your problems. Now which dad would not like to see his kids as pirates? Personally the only pirate Mommy Niri has ever liked is Johnny Depp, and even him she was dying to shower and shave, but again this is for the guys. Before you even get started, find your pirate name and then look at just a few wonderful reasons to convert your brat to a pirate.
- When other parents hear you’re raising your children as pirates, they’ll stop asking you to volunteer at school.
- You’ve always preferred the title “Captain” to “Mommy” or “Daddy.”
- Your children already smell like pirates, so the transition will be easy.
Now thought I felt, at first, this may not be my cup of tea, I was rolling in laughter. There is a clear breakdown of every parenting topic you can think of – weaning from the bottle to potty training. Do you know someone who could do with a good laugh? You can get the free e-book or win an autographed copy here at Mommy Niri. What a perfect Father’s Day gift.
How to enter the contest?
It is easy to enter the contest by following the guidelines below. The contest closes on the Saturday, 20th June. Winner will be chosen by random.org.
Leave a comment about what you look for in parenting books (“count me in” type comments will not count). Make sure that you entered the correct contact details. To earn extra entries, after you have left a comment, do one of the following, but make sure you leave a separate comment entry for each extra thing you do. This gives you additional ways to win the contest:
- Subscribe to Mommy Niri (and verify the subscription to be valid) and leave a separate comment that you did. Already a subscriber (thank you) then leave a comment stating you are
- Tweet about this contest with hashtag #mommyniri-pirate and leave a comment that you did so. People with no followers do not count. For example : @mommyniri http://tinyurl.com/mhd2ln Win The Guide to Pirate Parenting at MommyNiri.com #mommyniri-pirate.
- Follow @MommyNiri on twitter and leave your twitter id here for verification.
- Have a Blog? Follow Mommy Niri and leave a comment that you are a follower.
- On Facebook? Follow Mommy Niri’s blog on facebook (link is also on the side bar) and leave a comment here.
- Leave a comment on any other non-contest post on Mommy Niri, and don’t forget to mention it here in a comment.
Need help? Email email@example.com !
Win a basket of Organic Candy and a T-Shirt, closes on 6/20
Win a selection of Little Debbie Muffins (3 Winners), closes on 6/27