Day 3: Baby Smarts – Gift For Soon To Be ParentsCONTESTS, PARENTING, PRODUCTS, REVIEWS | Nirasha Jaganath | June 21, 2009 at 9:50 pm
CONTEST CLOSED, Winner: Cynthia C !!!
Baby Smarts by Jackie Silberg is a book about developmental baby games. It’s a perfect gift for soon to be parents as they wait for the arrival of their baby. These stimulating games would be well received by both mommy and daddy (and the baby). Babies are so cute that parents can play with them all day. However, Baby Smarts can help you understand the baby’s growth and developmental stage and you can easily pick the next sets of game to play with your baby.
Here is a game Under the Blanket (9-12 month olds).
- This game develops your baby’s observation skills, demonstrates the concept of “under,” and enhances your baby’s ability to follow directions.
- Let your baby watch as you hide a small toy under a pillow.
- After you hide the toy, ask her to find it.
- If she does not understand, ask her again and show her that the toy is under the pillow.
- Tell her that you are now going to hide the toy under the blanket.
- Keep hiding the toy in different places that are “under” something.
Mommy Niri gifted her copy of the book to Katin – a soon to be mommy. Mommy Niri readers can get a copy of the book by winning this book contest.
How to enter the contest?
The contest closes on the Monday, 6th of July. The winner will be chosen by random.org.
Leave a comment about your ideas on baby games (”count me in” type comments will not count). Make sure that you entered the correct contact details. To earn extra entries, after you have left a comment, do one of the following, but make sure you leave a separate comment entry for each extra thing you do. This gives you additional ways to win the contest:
- Join Mommy Niri Facebook Fan Page. Already a fan (thank you)? Just list your name below and state you are.
- On Facebook? Follow Mommy Niri’s blog on facebook (link is also on the side bar) and leave a comment here (even if you already are)
- Subscribe to Mommy Niri (and verify the subscription to be valid) and leave a separate comment that you did. Already a subscriber (thank you) then leave a comment stating you are
- Tweet about this contest with hashtag #mommyniri-babysmarts and leave a comment that you did so. People with no followers do not count. For example : @mommyniri Baby Smarts Book Contest at MommyNiri.com #mommyniri-babysmarts http://tinyurl.com/letaqm
- Follow @MommyNiri on twitter and leave your twitter id here for verification.
- Have a Blog? Follow Mommy Niri and leave a comment that you are a follower.
- Leave a comment on any other non-contest post on Mommy Niri, and don’t forget to mention it here in a comment.
Need help? Email email@example.com !