Friday 5: 5 Last Minute Ideas For Mother’s DayFRIDAY 5, PARENTING | Nirasha Jaganath | May 8, 2009 at 7:44 pm
As part of the Mommy Niri Friday 5 Series, I am going to focus on again on Mother’s Day. Yes, I know I covered it last week in what not to do for Mother’s Day, but I decided to help you out this. Since I know several of you are last minute guys (ahem, honey I hope you are reading this too) I hope this will help you out.
1. Take the kids out and do a paint-your-own-pottery for her. As a special note check the firing time of the clay since some places take longer than others. Another faster idea is the paint-your-own-plaster, which is available immediately but not as usable or as nice as pottery.
2. Give her a Time Out. Draw her a bubble bath and pour her some bubbly, while you take out the kids out (where is totally up to you) and give her some time alone. Alternatively leave her a good book or magazine (what she deems a good book/magazine, not you) and leave beverage (hot or cold depending on her tastes) for her to enjoy alone. Watch her warm welcome when you get back.
3. Pack her bags. Book a quick getaway and whisk her away. Parenthood has a way of making us a little more practical, break the monotony with a new setting. Big tip, priceline.com is really amazing at allowing you to splurge without breaking the bank.
4. Gourmet breakfast in bed. It is true that breakfast in bed is normally a winner, but putting a little more thought and getting few exotic items for breakfast. Big hint, don’t leave the mess for her to clean up.
5. Pack A picnic. Feel free to not have to make the items. Call her favorite restaurant and get it “to go”, pack a blanket, some drinks and some activities for the kids. Ensure you get a luxurious dessert to top it off, and head of to a predetermined (please, oh please, ensure you have directions squared away.) scenic destination.
Oh, and don’t forget to enter the several contests at Mommy Niri running throughout May (and beyond).
So how do you plan to spend Mother’s Day?