Balance B, Nutritious Kid’s Snack BarHEALTH, PRODUCTS, REVIEWS | Nirasha Jaganath | May 26, 2009 at 9:10 pm
The top-selling foods at any school’s snack bar would most likely be pizza, french fries, chips, soda, candy and ice cream. That’s right – there are hardly any healthy snack alternatives for kids. Moreover, kids would just not eat fruits and veggies because its not cool. While some of it may be old habits other may be poor alternatives. As the awareness for healthy food begins to rise many new products are coming to market.
The new nutritious kids bar that my kids enjoyed sampling, from the makers of Balance Bar, is a good source of:
- Whole Grains – to help fuel your kid’s active life
- Iron – to help deliver oxygen to the brain and body
- Zinc – to help brain and body cells develop
- Choline – to help the brain send messages
- Vitamins B1, B6, B12 – to help support your kid’s healthy nervous system
It’s a wholesome combination of whole grain oats, wheat, and rice, providing good source of nutritions for brain and body and comes in two flavors – chocolate chip and peanut butter.