Friday 5: 5 Parenting Wishes For Mommy Niri

FRIDAY 5, PARENTING | | April 17, 2009 at 8:29 pm

imgp6623

As part of the Mommy Niri Friday 5 Series, this week I let you in on my parenting wishes. Since I needed to limit it to 5 to be eligible I found it extremely difficult since we all know our wishes can be endless, but here goes

1.      A drive-thru for essentials like milk, bread and cheese, etc. How often have you dreaded that supermarket visit, even though you desperately needed a few important items, since the thought of dragging 2 non-compliant kids along with lugging the groceries did not appeal to you?

2.      Toddler/Preschooler buckled seats in the restrooms. I have seen it at a few places where you can buckle your kids in a seat while you use the restroom but wish they were everywhere. This prevents your child from putting their hands everywhere (read the trash in the bathroom) while you recite like a mantra “Do not touch…”. Heck, since it is my wishes make it 2 seats. Yes, we moms have some pretty exciting trips to the bathrooms while managing the kids.

3.      Childcare in Spas. I have seen that a few supermarkets have them (I wish all did) but I would give my right arm to have that service while I had a manicure, ok, scratch that I may need that arm while having the manicure.

4.      Automatic seatbelts on children car seats. To place a child and have the buckles automatically strap themselves around my kids would be the ultimate help (Stop shaking your head at me, it is my wish and I will dream if I want to). Imagine the time I will save and not have to deal with the back-hurting-while-bending, shin-hurting-while-kids-think-it-is-a-joke-to-kick, whining-in-the-most-annoying-form-available, waiting-for-the-slow-motion-child-to-move to buckle-themselves-in.

5.      A button that will automatically clean inside my car. Ok, truth be told I could do with this button for my home too, but my car is always crying out to be rescued from the crap I managed to collect in it. Try as I might (yes I could try harder so back off) the car becomes an extension of my home (and not the pretty part).

What’s in your dream basket?

Tags: ,

Natasha says:

I have to share #1 with you. Drive through Deli, we can start a business…
    I’ve never seen bucket seats in the restroom, how cool is that?
    I need the CLEAN button too. That would be sweet.
    How about a silence button while we’re at it. Where the kids quietly disappear into their rooms and quietly play happily for how ever long I need to decompress…
    Oh, a food button. So after I make hubby and my dinner picky eater child can just push a button that gives her whatever dinner SHE wants. That way I’m not making 3 meals in one night. :)
    I could go on, but I bet there’s a character limit in these little comment windows! :)

shilpa says:

Toddler buckled seats in the restrooms….I have never seen this. I always wish I can buckle my kid in a seat while using the restroom.

Erika says:

I just commented on FB, but had to comment here also. I was just (yesterday) discussing #1 with my husband. I don’t understand why we don’t have these places. I want to open one!! (not really of course)

When I was a kid in NY, we used to go to one and it was wonderful, especially for my mom. I just Googled it, and apparently, they still exist in NY (http://www.dairybarn.com/) Why not everywhere?!

jodifur says:

When I drive thru a CVS to get a prescription when I can’t I get other stuff CVS sells?

Or, order my groceries ahead of time and just drive up and have someone load them into my car.

A place that does open play that has has free wi fi.

Mariana says:

Automatic seatbelts on carseats would be a DREAM!

I’d love it if more types of restaurants delivered to your home. I can only take so much pizza, Chinese, etc.

Ramesh says:

Automatic Sleep Machine -
    It would be nice to press a button and the kids go to sleep. Furthermore, it would be great to have the kids sleep for 10 or 12 hours, based on the knob setting.

sita says:

How abt a volume button, you know when mommy needs some quite time:)

Rachel says:

Here in Miami we have ‘Farm Stores’ these are drive through stores that oyu can place your order on both sides. You can see what they have in the entire store since it has large windows. You pretty much drive up and order your items. The only draw back is that you are paying a lot more than at your regular grocery store.
    I would like to see the buckle in the restrooms!
    Not to mention the volume and well the mute button… lol

vibha says:

I got #1 on your list.. 24/7, walking distance, drive-through for essentials… aaaaah, the pleasure of living in Miami. My wish list would include: 1) A bleep sound everytime the word “NO”, or “WHY” is spoken. Sometimes, one of these two words is enough to trigger a non-mommy response out of me. 2) machine that would automatically fold clothes in the dryer. 3. Clean public bathrooms with a touch of a button before allowing your kid to use them.

and the list goes on…