Friday 5: Why I Love Living With My MILFRIDAY 5 | Nirasha Jaganath | March 6, 2009 at 5:05 am
Since I have my MIL (mother-in-law) here I decided to dedicate this one in her honor. Here is my next dose of the Mommy Niri Friday 5 series.
I love living with my mother-in-law (MIL) because:
- I will have someone else’s food wasted other than my own. Although she is a pretty good cook, my MIL has not met my 2 two selective (read super fussy) kids. Cooking for them is a pain I am willing to relinquish
- My husband seems to love me more. After a day of me with his mom hubby has a soft spot for me, whether it is from guilt (from me having to deal with all her “ways”) or from fear (of whether I am likely to hurt someone after hearing someone “teach” me how to do it the correct way). He manages to give me the look of “I owe you” and boy am I keeping tabs, just wait until I have to cash these chips in.
- I remember how much saner I had it before. I always thought how crazy it was at home (I have been known to draw similarities between my home and a zoo on occasion) but add a new person to the mix (especially one that thinks her son walks on water) and I already reminisce the “old days”.
- My home is super clean since she always wants to (re)clean. I say go for it!
- I will have someone else, other than my children, who I will feel to kill on a daily basis. Finally my kids will have some respite from my wrath now that I will have another (more deserving) object of it.