When Papa Gets Home…

PARENTING | | January 27, 2009 at 5:42 pm

Ever noticed how the clock ticks slower when waiting for hubby to get home at the end of the day as the kids seem to experience the bewitching hour. You find it hard to hold back the irritation when he calls you much later than he was expected to leave, and says he is just starting to leave. When he says that he had important things to take care of at the office, it annoys you that as a SAHM people think you don’t have anything important to do. You don’t mind that he is late, you mind that he does not call to let you know.

The relaxing attitude when he gets home drives you insane as it is a reminder that your “shift” does not end. Being constantly “on duty” makes your mind crazy with trying to figure out what to do next. In your exhaustion every little “mishap” from the kids seem to push you over the edge. You know you should feel thrilled that the kids giggle in delight at seeing their “papa” (and you are) but part of you is actually jealous.

Then the kids get in the bath and the happy laughter that escapes the room tells you all is well. You feel assured as hubby’s spurt of energy makes up for the lack of your own. As you move around to the mundane preparations for the night, you relax knowing that the family is complete.

Tags: , ,

Anonymous says:

I love this blog and couldn’t agree more..

Anonymous says:

so true.. even though I work full time, it is amazing how Siyona’s face lights up when she sees Hemant…..

Mom Time says:

I constantly remind myself that in order for me to be less “cranky”, I need to take a break and take care of myself too. I’m a WAHM and with my fulltime job, plus chores plus taking care of the family, it’ easy for me to make myself the least priority. But what happens is that because I’m exhausted and everything, I get easily irritated and not able to enjoy my family like I intend and look forward to.

So I guess what I’m saying is that, we could start taking care of ourselves too so that we’re not missing out on moments that we should be sharing and enjoying with our love ones…

togetherinlife says:

I enjoyed your posts! lets follow each other.

regards

The Girl Revolution says:

When he goes back to work right AT bedtime that’s when I get mad. he knows I have no patience left and they are 10 times worse for me than they are for him.

“I have to, its my job.”

Whatever. 15 minutes and you solve all my problems or create my problems. ERRR.

JaniceG says:

OMG! You put this into words so amazingly well!