Friday 5: 5 Most (Over)Used Phrases!FRIDAY 5 | Nirasha Jaganath | January 30, 2009 at 5:48 am
As part of the Mommy Niri’s Friday 5 series, Mommy Niri mentions her thoughts on the 5 most (ab)used phrases.
1. Cool! What are we, 16 again?
2. Sweet! So saccharine like makes my tummy ache.
3. Awesome! Almost feels like I am talking to a surfer (in the sea not web surfer). Sounds like the word “dude” will be following it (another one of my not so favorite words)
4. Great! A good word, just one that is extremely tired of being used over and over again, especially for want of better words.
5. Good For You! This one always smacks of having an unuttered ending, like “but not for me”. I wrote about my distaste for it before at What Not To Say To A SAHM.
What’s in your vocabulary?